Thanks to your generosity, we’re able to change the lives of young people in Essex.
The money you donate supports the running of our youth work.
This includes alternative education for young people struggling in school, helping them manage their emotions, finding work experience placements and more.
With your help, young people in our community can overcome barriers and reach their potential.
How we did in 2015/16
- 42,236 participants in youth work (up 66% on 2013/14)
- 7,000 youth work sessions (up 31% on 2013/14)
- 140, 013 outcomes for young people (up 76% on 2013/14)
- 234 new community groups
- 42,960 hours of volunteering (up 53% on 2013/14)
- 3,088 Duke of Edinburgh's Award enrolments (up 15% on 2013/14)
- 1,436 completed Duke of Edinburgh's Awards (up 27% on 2013/14)
- 767 NCS graduates (up 48% on 2013/14)
- 244 young carer assessments
Case study: Loughton Youth Centre
In 2014, Loughton Youth Centre was so underused that a local group asked to use it to store gardening equipment!
Since then, we've made it an exciting place for young people to meet and have fun.
Based on an old-style youth club, we offer young people who previously had nothing to do activities, such as pool and Xbox, a Duke of Edinburgh group, cooking classes for young carers and a group for young people with learning difficulties.
We encourage the young people to tell us what we should be doing. Based on their feedback we’re looking to stay open later in the evening. Your donation can helps us to achieve things like this.