Are you aged between 16 and 24 and not in college, work or training? If so, we can help you gain the skills you need for an apprenticeship or a job.
What is Plan B?
Plan B is a 10-week programme that maximises your potential and prepares you for the future. It runs three days a week and can be done at centres across Essex. During the programme you will get:
- a work experience placement related to your preferred career
- the opportunity to learn valuable work skills
- a chance to refresh your English and maths
- sessions that will help improve your self-esteem, motivation and the confidence to make decisions.
You will also be able to gain qualifications in:
- City & Guilds Level 1 Unit 403 Employability Skills – which includes CV writing, job hunting and interview techniques
- Maths and English
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
Why you should do it
- It's three days a week for just 10 weeks
- You can do it at youth centres across Essex
- 8 out of 10 people who do it go on to get a job or college place
- We can also help with transport costs if needed
“Plan B helped me get back on track from not knowing what I wanted to do and made me realise I have people who can support me even after the course had finished.” Charlotte, Chelmsford Plan B
Our next courses
- Chelmsford from 16 January to 22 March 2018
- Maldon from 17 January to 23 March 2018
- Braintree from 22 January to 28 March
- Harlow from 23 January to 29 March 2018
- Colchester from 24 January to 28 March 2018
- More dates to follow including 5 course in the Summer term of 2018
How to apply
We have courses running throughout the year. Contact us to find out about your nearest centre and latest start dates.
Call: 033303 22800
“The difference it has made is now I am in College and employed because of Plan B and they also gave me more confidence in myself.” Yasmine, Chelmsford Plan B