Are you aged between 16 and 24 and not in college, work or training? If so, we can help you gain the skills you need for an apprenticeship or a job.
What is Plan B?
Plan B is a 10-week programme that maximises your potential and prepares you for the future. It runs three days a week and can be done at centres across Essex. During the programme you will get:
- a work experience placement related to your preferred career
- the opportunity to learn valuable work skills
- a chance to refresh your English and maths
- sessions that will help improve your self-esteem, motivation and the confidence to make decisions.
You will also be able to gain qualifications in:
- City & Guilds Level 1 Unit 403 Employability Skills – which includes CV writing, job hunting and interview techniques
- Maths and English
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
Why you should do it
- It's three days a week for just 10 weeks
- You can do it at youth centres across Essex
- 8 out of 10 people who do it go on to get a job or college place
- We can also help with transport costs if needed
“Plan B helped me get back on track from not knowing what I wanted to do and made me realise I have people who can support me even after the course had finished.” Charlotte, Chelmsford Plan B
Our next courses
- Clacton from 25 January 2017 to 31st March
- Harlow from 14 February 2017 to 21st April
- Maldon from 31 January 2017 to 7 April 2017
- Brentwood from 15 February 2017 to 21 April 2017
- Basildon from 27 February 2017 to 5 May 2017
- Tendring from 24 April 2017 to 30 June 2017
- Braintree from 1st May 2017 to 7th July 2017
- Epping /Harlow from 8 May 2017 to 14 July 2017
- Castle Point from 15 May 2017 to 21 July 2017
How to apply
We have courses running throughout the year. Contact us to find out about your nearest centre and latest start dates.
Call: 033303 22800
“The difference it has made is now I am in College and employed because of Plan B and they also gave me more confidence in myself.” Yasmine, Chelmsford Plan B