What is it?
Sisters In Strength is a five week mentoring programme for girls and young women who are at risk of entering into an abusive relationship, becoming a potential perpetrator within a relationship or are currently in an abusive relationship. It can be delivered on either a group work or 1:1 basis, depending on need. The areas covered include:
- Making relationships work
- Relationships in a digital world
- Manners and respect
- Healthy relationships
The project looks to educate young people about the value of respect and the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships. Equipping them with the necessary skills to develop and maintain healthy relationships, recognise how to break up in an appropriate way when necessary and maintaining appropriate open lines of communication.
Who is eligible?
- Young females aged 10 – 18 years
- Living in Greater Essex
- Willing to take part in group work or 1:1 interventions (face to face and online delivery options)
- Displaying signs of unhealthy relationships / coercive behaviours (can include signs such as lack of empathy, dishonesty, manipulative, dismissive of others views)
For further details on this fully funded programme email: firstname.lastname@example.org