Essex Summer Programme 2023
Summer Programme 2023
Registration open - please note, the registration page can take several seconds to load. Please refresh the page if the options do not first appear.
Join us for an action packed three days of fun, challenge, and games. Free to attend, including lunch.
After the three days, you can complete an optional two day/one night expedition experience in the Essex countryside taking place on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd August 2023.
Open to all 13–19-year-olds in Essex
Join us 09:30am-4pm Monday to Wednesday to take part in three days of fun activities including creating street art, cooking, trying out martial arts and self-defence, discovering Duke of Edinburgh's Award expedition skills, and taking part in competitive challenges. With a tasty lunch included each day.
- Outdoor cooking
- Science Experiments
- Street Art
- Team games
- First Aid
- Outdoor skills
- Expedition experience
- Arts and crafts
Locations - Book your place
The three sessions will take place 09:30am - 4pm Monday to Wednesday at our Youth Centres across Essex. Full joining instructions will be emailed to you one week before the programme start date.
- 24th, 25th, 26th July - Colchester Townhouse, 39-42 East Stockwell Street, CO1 1SS
- 24th, 25th, 26th July - Stansted Youth Centre, Peter Kirk centre, St Johns Road, Stansted Mountfitchet CM14 8JP
- 31st, 1st, 2nd August – The Brentwood Youth Centre, 15 Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8AG
- 31st, 1st, 2nd August - Galleywood, Watchhouse Road, Chelmsford, CM2 8PT
- 7th, 8th, 9th August - Clacton Green Lodge, 180 Old Road, Clacton, CO15 3AY
- 7th, 8th, 9th August - Halstead Resource Centre, Parsonage Road, CO9 2JT
- 14th, 15th, 16th August - Harlow Xperience centre, Broadley Road, Harlow CM19 5RD
- 14th, 15th, 16th August - Timberlog Youth Centre, Timberlog Lane, Basildon SS14 1PB
The Expedition Experience - 22nd and 23rd August 2023
The 3 days concludes with an end of summer walking expedition experience, held on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd August. Two days walking and exploring the Essex countryside in your expedition teams, completing activities along the way!
Plus, an overnight camp where you will pitch your tent and cook your own hot meal.
Start/finish location and camping will take place at Essex Outdoors, Well Lane, Danbury CM3 4AB
Registering on the DofE Award
If you want to continue your DofE journey, we will register you on the DofE Award (free of charge) so that your expedition experience can be recorded. This also provides you with a fantastic opportunity to continue with the whole DofE bronze award beyond the summer.
If you would like further information to see if the opportunity to complete your Bronze Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is for you, we have parent and young people drop-in sessions taking place on:
- Wednesday 7th June, 7.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 5th July, 7.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 2nd August, 7.30pm-8.30pm
After the expedition experience, we will support you through your physical, volunteering and skills section with our online support sessions which are planned for:
- Wednesday 6th September, 7.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 4th October, 7.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 1st November, 7.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 6th December, 7.30pm-8.30pm
You are welcome to join the online sessions prior to attending the summer programme to find out more about the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, and to see if it is something you want to be part of. Join the monthly calls