Are you aged between 16 and 24 and not in college, work or training?
If so, we can help you gain the skills you need to move on to your next destination.
Along with our comfortable learning environments, you will get a chance to work with our dedicated youth worker staff who will be there with you every step of the way through the programme. Not only this, they will also be there up to 6 months after you finish so you can feel safe knowing that once the 10 weeks are finished that our staff will continue to be there to support you. Which is why 8 out of 10 people who do it go on to get a job or college place.
Here on the Plan B programme our team are determined to give you the opportunity to thrive and give you the tools to enable your own success.
What is Plan B?
Plan B is a 10-week programme that maximises your potential and prepares you for the future. It runs three days a week and is delivered in our centres across Essex. Alternatively, we may have an online delivery option running for those that are unable to attend centres due to travel distances (please enquire using the details below to see if this is being offered at the time you wish to start).
During the programme you will get:
- a work experience placement related to your preferred career.
- a chance to gain English and Maths qualifications
- a chance to gain qualifications in City & Guilds Level 1 Employability Skills, Level 1 Health and Safety In The Workplace, Level 2 Customer Services Award.
- sessions that will help improve your self-esteem, motivation and the confidence to make decisions.
- help with transport costs to the centre if needed.
Why you should do it?
Take a look at what some of our former Plan Bers had to say:
“The difference it has made is now I am in College and employed because of Plan B and they also gave me more confidence in myself.” Yasmine, Chelmsford Plan B
“Plan B helped me get back on track from not knowing what I wanted to do and made me realise I have people who can support me even after the course had finished.” Charlotte, Chelmsford Plan B
How to apply
Please send any queries or referrals directly to email@example.com, quoting name, DOB and town of residence.
Please see our flyer attached which you can look at. Alternatively, you can use it to promote to anybody you feel may benefit from this programme.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY!
*New Plan B courses starting the week beginning 27th September 2021 (Colchester, Chelmsford, Basildon and Harlow)*
- Must have completed statutory education (off school roll last Friday in June)
- Not already have a L3 qualification
- Ideally not have a L2 (Grade C or 4 in new grading structure) or above in Maths and English (YP can be offered a place but would not need to attend Functional Skills days)
- Not currently enrolled on any other training programme
- Not completed a traineeship before
- Not have a job over 16 hrs a week & not earning more than £320 a month (may need to provide payslips to evidence this)
- Be able to commit to the 10 week programme
- Be capable of completing a work placement for minimum of 2 days a week for 4 weeks
- Be eligible to work in the UK/eligible for public funds (stamped in passport if asylum seeker)
- Have a National Insurance number