Your confirmation email confirms your booking for the whole level of the award.
Please check it including dates, location and individual details. The person who made the booking is responsible for the accuracy of all information provided.
Health and Safety
To make sure that we can keep young people safe and well, we will ask for additional medical forms to be updated prior to expeditions.
The form lets us know if there are any medical conditions that we need to be aware of and if they need to bring any medication with them.
- If medication is needed please send your child in with a signed letter which states that you are happy for staff to give medication as directed
- We reserve the right to refuse entry if your child has any contagious illness on arrival
- We reserve the right to refuse entry if your child is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
We are able to support any requests to change the location of where you access the Duke of Edinburgh service, providing we have spaces.
Award Level Change
It is possible to switch award levels within 5 working days after the initial account creation. After 5 working days, it is possible, however an additional £35 fee would be payable to cover the cost of the additional eDofE account that has to be created. ECC is charged for this additional place by DofE.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you need to cancel a booking please let us know as soon as you can by emailing DofE@essex.gov.uk.
Registration - cancellations refunds
- Cancellation made by Essex County Council: 100% refund
- Open Award Centre including virtual: Cancellation before attending first DofE session: Full refund less £35
- Open Award Centre including virtual: Cancellation after attending first DofE session: no refund
Expedition - cancellations and refunds
- Cancellations made to expedition bookings before the training day takes place, cancelled no later than two weeks before: 100% refund
- Cancellations made to expedition bookings less than two weeks before the training day takes place: No refund, a place offered on an alternative expedition package
- Non-attendance due to illness: No refund, a place offered on an alternative expedition package
We may take photographs to use for future publicity.
To exclude your child, we must be informed in writing or emailed before they begin their first session.
All staff have completed Safeguarding, Prevent, Basic First Aid Training and have been DBS checked.
Staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child in their care may be suffering from abuse, or if a child makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event they will contact the Local Children and Families Team and act on their advice.
Essex Youth Service does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any person unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its servants, in this event our liability insurance provides cover of up to £25 million.
Essex Youth Service will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of any items of personal property brought onto the site.
The Hiring of ECC Equipment
Expedition equipment hired from Essex County such as rucksacks, maps and compasses must be returned in good working condition after the expeditions. Charges will be incurred to the full value of the item, if equipment is lost or returned damaged.
Essex Youth Service reserves the right to exclude any young person for any unreasonable behaviour towards staff, the premises or other individuals on the programme.
No refund will be made and no compensation will be made for any other costs or losses incurred as a result.
Essex Youth Service is committed to ensuring every young person has a great experience undertaking the Award.
If they are not entirely satisfied then we want to be the first to know.
If there’s a problem while still at the centre and completing the Award, we can almost always resolve it. If we hear of a problem after a child has left the programme we will take great care to look into the matter, but cannot change the situation after the event, so please email email@example.com promptly if you have any complaint.
Refunds and compensation will only be made if Essex Youth Service is proven to have been in breach of these terms and conditions, and it is proven further that they were not capable of remedying that breach and as a result the young person was withdrawn from the programme.
To process your booking we need to collect personal details about you and all the young people on your booking.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission to pass on these details. We will never pass your details on to any third party.
Debit and credit card payments
Our payment system is WorldPay has its own Terms and Conditions for use.
WorldPay accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Amex, JCB and Diners cards.
You will receive a payment receipt and you should keep a copy of this for your records.