Being a Young Volunteer - What’s Stopping You?
Being a volunteer gives you the chance to do something new and make a positive contribution to your community and it doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time.
Volunteering allows more people to access projects and activities and there’s also lots of benefits to you:
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Have an edge when competing for jobs or college places
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Gives you a sense of purpose
- Gain certificates for your volunteering hours
- Can make you happier – really? Yes! A study in America showed that the more volunteering people did, the happier they were!
So What’s Stopping You?
Essex Youth Service can support you to get volunteering. You could …
- Join your local youth council or join the Young Essex Assembly to get your voice heard and make positive change
- Become a Young Commissioner and influence how money is spent on activities for young people
- Volunteer alongside Essex Youth Worker
- Run a campaign or project in your community
- Or tell us how you would like to volunteer!
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com with your ideas or to find out how you can get involved. Tell us where you live and our local Youth Worker will contact you.
Essex Youth Service works with young people aged 13-19 years and up to 25 with additional needs.
If you are an adult and would like to volunteer with us, then please also get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know which district you live in and we will to tell you about local opportunities.
Volunteering in the North East
Volunteer with us!
Have a few spare hours each week and want to become an active member of your community? Why not volunteer with us?
For any information about volunteering in Colchester or Tendring please contact Ryan.email@example.com.
Starting a new club
Thinking of starting a new club? Got ideas about what the community needs? We may be able to help!
For any enquiries about Harwich or Highwoods please contact Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Clacton area contact Nikki.email@example.com.
And for any other Colchester or Stanway queries please contact Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Young Volunteers
The Northeast young volunteers programme encourages young people from Colchester and Tendring to volunteer in their area through projects that they believe will improve their local community. We meet three weeks per month in Colchester, Clacton, and on zoom for planning meetings where we plan and schedule social events.
The young volunteers are given passports to record their volunteering hours, and they often have opportunities to be nominated for various youth awards. As well as this, they have access to a range of free training opportunities, such as first aid and Food hygiene.
“We are a group of young people who are working with Essex County Council Youth Service (ECCYS). We pride ourselves on working in the community where we can and creating projects that make a difference to our communities. Our aim is to change stereotypes and stigma around teenagers and build our skills for our futures.”
For any more information about the project contact email@example.com or Nikki.firstname.lastname@example.org