Being a Young Volunteer - What’s Stopping You?
Being a volunteer gives you the chance to do something new and make a positive contribution to your community and it doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time.
Volunteering allows more people to access projects and activities and there’s also lots of benefits to you:
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Have an edge when competing for jobs or college places
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Gives you a sense of purpose
- Gain certificates for your volunteering hours
- Can make you happier – really? Yes! A study in America showed that the more volunteering people did, the happier they were!
So What’s Stopping You?
Essex Youth Service can support you to get volunteering. You could …
- Join your local youth council or join the Young Essex Assembly to get your voice heard and make positive change
- Become a Young Commissioner and influence how money is spent on activities for young people
- Volunteer alongside Essex Youth Worker
- Run a campaign or project in your community
- Or tell us how you would like to volunteer!
Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas or to find out how you can get involved. Tell us where you live and our local Youth Worker will contact you.
Essex Youth Service works with young people aged 13-19 years and up to 25 with additional needs.
If you are an adult and would like to volunteer with us, then please also get in touch via email@example.com, let us know which district you live in and we will to tell you about local opportunities.