If you are 16-18 years old, live in Essex and are not in education, employment or training, an Employability and Skills Adviser can help you with your next steps. We also offer support with post-16 options to young people who are in home education or off school roll from the January of (what would be) Year 11.
If you are a young person in school or college please contact your school or college Careers Coordinator or Careers Adviser. They are responsible for working with you to find education, employment or training.
Our experienced and friendly advisers are here for you and can help you research your options and understand qualifications to make sure you have all the information you need and are confident about your post-16 plans.
We can support you into:
- Training opportunities
- Foundation learning programmes including English and Maths
Work with us to receive:
- Careers guidance for young people who are not in education, employment or training
- CV and letter writing advice
- Help completing application forms
- Advice around personal marketing techniques and how to access the hidden job market
- Advice around interview techniques
- Registering eligible 16/17-year olds for extension to child benefit claims with advice for parents and carers also provided
- Up to date vacancies and training opportunities
- Introductions to training providers and referral into study programs
Get in touch!
If you are unemployed, opportunity ready and not in school, college or approved training then please get in touch with our team.
You can either complete the 'Request Support' form above or contact us on:
Call: 0800 707 6384
Have you received communications from us recently to update your education, employment and training situation?
If so please use our survey to update your records or request support.