During this time do you know a 13-24 year old who wants to do something fun and meaningful? They can sign-up to our virtual Duke of Edinburgh's Award with all sessions being carried out online! Starting 31st March.
Participants will start their expedition, physical, skill and volunteering sections immediately. All sections can be safely carried by the individual at home. With the practical expeditions being completed at a later date.
Plus it's only £35! A massive saving of 78% of the standard DofE registration price. This is open to 13+ for the bronze award, 14+ for the silver award and 16+ for the gold award.
Flash sale - ONLY £35 until 25.04.20 ( a saving of 78%) - inclusive of sign-up and all expedition training
Just £35 enrols the participant onto The DofE Award programme. The participant will be issued with an eDofE number and welcome pack which enables them to start and record their section activities. It also includes monthly online expedition training and eDofE support. As well as one practical training weekend held centrally in Essex. The date of this weekend will be scheduled in the near future.
After 25th April, the registration price rises to the standard rates of £95 (Bronze), £149 (Silver), £159 (Gold).
Reasons to sign-up:
- Get involved in something fun immediately, from the comfort of your own home
- Join us for monthly online training sessions
- Take part in a practical training weekend where you'll learn more of the practical expedition skills - date to be scheduled
- It's cheap! This offer saves 78% off the standard registration price
- Accessible to all and saves travel time and cost - can't get to one of DofE centres? No fear - join us online instead. Helping those in rural areas and those without transport to get involved in DofE
- Sign-up at either bronze, silver or gold level. Check out the respective award pages to find out what level of commitment is required for each section.
- Sign-up today
- Join on for monthly online sessions starting from March 31st and taking on a Tuesday evening on the following dates. Led by a DofE Team Leader, these sessions cover expedition training and eDofE support:
- March 31st 7pm-8pm
- April 14th 7pm-8pm
- May 12th 7pm-8pm
- June 9th 7pm-8pm
- July 14th 7pm-8pm
- August 11th 7pm-8pm
- Join us for a fun practical training weekend. Date to be scheduled for either summer/autumn 2020 or 2021. To be held in Danbury, Chelmsford
This two-day training weekend will further set you up for your practice and qualifying walking expedition. It will include setting up tents, cooking on stoves, first aid and how to plan an expedition route ready for your first expedition!
The Volunteering, Physical and Skills sections are completed in the participants own time.
The online training sessions and practical training weekend are both mandatory to ensure the DofE training framework is met. If sessions are missed, the participants expedition may be deferred.
Practice and Qualifying Expeditions
You will go on to complete both a practice and qualifying expedition in the summer/autumn following the practical training weekend. The dates will be scheduled in the near future.
The cost of the practice and qualifying expedition is approximately £140 for bronze, £270 for silver and £550 for gold. Costs can vary at the time of booking due to the mode of transport, staff numbers and campsite costs. The expedition costs are payable by cash or cheque.
If you have any queries or questions regarding your registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org