Do you know a 13-24 year old who wants to do something fun and meaningful? They can sign-up to our virtual Duke of Edinburgh's Award with all sessions being carried out online!
Participants will start their physical, skill and volunteering sections immediately. All sections can be safely carried out by the individual at home. With the practical expedition section being completed at a later date.
This is open to 13+ for the bronze award, 14+ for the silver award and 16+ for the gold award.
The participant will be issued with an eDofE number and welcome pack which enables them to start and record their section activities. It also includes monthly online expedition training and eDofE support. As well as one practical training weekend held centrally in Essex. The date of this weekend will be scheduled in the near future.
The registration prices are £95 (Bronze), £149 (Silver), £159 (Gold).
Reasons to sign-up:
- Get involved in something fun immediately, from the comfort of your own home
- Join us for monthly online training sessions
- Take part in a practical training weekend where you'll learn more of the practical expedition skills - date to be scheduled
- Accessible to all and saves travel time and cost - can't get to one of DofE centres? No fear - join us online instead. Helping those in rural areas and those without transport to get involved in DofE
- Sign-up at either bronze, silver or gold level. Check out the respective award pages to find out what level of commitment is required for each section.
- Sign-up today
- Join on for monthly online sessions starting from June 22nd(TBC) and taken on a Tuesday evening on the following dates. Led by a DofE Team Leader, these sessions cover section choices, support expedition training and eDofE support:
- June 22nd 2021 – 7-8pm
- July 6th 2021 – 7-8pm
- August 3rd 2021 – 7-8pm
- August 31st 2021 – 7-8pm
- October 5th 2021 – 7-8pm
- November 9th 2021 – 7-8pm
- December 7th 2021 – 7-8pm
3. Join us for a fun practical training weekend. Date scheduled for summer/autumn 2021. To be held in Danbury, Chelmsford
This weekend will further set you up for your practice and qualifying walking expedition. It will include setting up tents, cooking on stoves, first aid and how to plan an expedition route ready for your first expedition! (We are currently offering one day training plus practice expedition where there will be further training.)
The online training sessions and practical training weekend are both mandatory to ensure the DofE training framework is met. If sessions are missed, the participants expedition may be deferred.
The Volunteering, Physical and Skills sections are completed in the participants own time.
Practice and Qualifying Expeditions
You will go on to complete both a practice and qualifying expedition in the summer/autumn following the practical training weekend.
Current expedition dates and locations can be found at https://youth.essex.gov.uk/young-people/the-duke-of-edinburghs-award/news-events-and-updates/
The cost of the practice and qualifying expedition is approximately £140 for bronze, £270 for silver and £550 for gold. Costs can vary at the time of booking due to the mode of transport, staff numbers and campsite costs. The expedition costs are paid via phone call with office support staff. Details will be released closer to the expedition dates.
If you have any queries or questions regarding your registration, please contact: email@example.com