When do DofE sessions take place
Our DofE Award programme runs year round. Sign-up to attend regular sessions held at eight youth centres across Essex, or sign-up for a more condensed virtual DofE programme.
Virtual DofE Programme - launching February 2020
Always wanted to start your DofE award and time is precious to you? Is there no availability in your school? Do you live too far from a local centre?
If so, why not become a virtual DofE participant and start your DofE journey immediately!
Flash sale - only £35 ( a saving of 63%) - inclusive of sign-up and all expedition training
This February we are launching exclusively online our first virtual DofE programme with a fantastic offer valid until 20th March 2020 that saves you £65 off the normal registration fee. Sign-up prior to 20th March and join our first programme intake starting immediately, sign-up after 20th March and join the next intake starting in October 2020.
After 20th March, the registration price rises to the standard rate of £95.
Open Award Centre (OAC) DofE Programme
Every autumn term we kick start the new intake of DofE participants on their journey. Sessions are run at seven different locations across Essex and are held on a regular basis, which is how it differs from our virtual programme. You can register at any point on the award to make a start on the physical, skills and volunteering sections, but all participants registered made after January 31st 2020 will begin their expedition training from the autumn term in 2020. Evening sessions run weekly/fortnightly during term time only and run through to the summer term.
Where do OAC sessions take place
- Chapel Street Youth Centre, Braintree – Thursday evenings 7.00pm
- The Hermit Youth Centre, Brentwood – Bronze Award: Monday evenings 6.30pm, Silver and Gold Award: Monday evenings 6.30pm
- Chelmer Gate Youth Centre, Chelmsford (Bronze Award only) – Wednesday evenings 7.00pm
- Galleywood Youth Centre, Chelmsford (Silver and Gold only) – Tuesday evenings 7.30pm
- Colchester Townhouse Youth Centre, Colchester (Bronze Award only) – Monday evenings 7.30pm
- Colchester Townhouse Youth Centre, Colchester (Silver Award only) – Monday evenings 7.00pm
- Colchester Townhouse Youth Centre, Colchester (Gold Award only) – Monday evenings 4.30pm
- Hadleigh Youth Centre, Hadleigh – Tuesday evenings 7.00pm
- Hare Street Youth Centre, Harlow – Tuesday evenings 7.00pm
- Loughton Youth Centre, Loughton – Monday evenings 7.00pm
What happens at the sessions?
Our DofE sessions bring together young people from across Essex and from different schools. Sessions are interactive and practical based and run by our team of experienced DofE leaders. Sessions are mainly focused on learning expedition skills - everything from camp craft to navigation and route planning. These sessions prepare you for the Expedition section of the award. We will also provide you with one to one support with eDofE. In addition to this, we support you with the Volunteering, Physical and skills sections of the award which you complete in your own time.
Register a place on The DofE Award
We run three progressive award levels. All of our centres run each award level, and you can also complete any award level as a virtual participant.